CIOC (Canadian International Oil Corp.) will conduct our business with respect and care for our employees, contractors, communities, and the environments in which we operate. Our vision is zero harm to people and to protect and provide stewardship for the environment. We believe that excellent health, safety, and environmental performance is an integral part of our business success and corporate responsibility.
To fulfill this commitment, CIOC will:
- Ensure that management is fully accountable for protecting workers and the environment.
- Proactively identify and mitigate hazards within our operations which could cause harm to people or adverse effects on the environment.
- Commit resources to ensure CIOC personnel and representatives have adequate information and training to perform their roles in a safe and environmentally friendly manner.
- Conduct all operations in a manner that meets or exceeds all regulatory requirements and practices.
- Actively monitor and measure HSE performance to focus on areas of continuous improvement.
- Ensure emergency response procedures are in place and that all incidents are reported and adequately investigated.
- Communicate HSE expectations and partner with employees and contractors who share these values and strive to continuously improve HSE performance.
- Create a culture of open feedback from internal and external stakeholders regarding our HSE management system and performance
We firmly believe responsibility for application of this policy rests with management, employees, and contractors associated with our Company. CIOC strongly encourages everyone’s right to stop work in the event that they cannot control a hazard that may cause harm to themselves, their co-workers or the environment or to stop an act of non-compliance.